1. When to seek medical treatment
The main clinical manifestations of patients with pneumonia infected by the new coronavirus are fever and fatigue. The main symptoms of the respiratory tract are dry cough and dyspnea gradually develops. In severe cases, acute respiratory distress syndrome, septic shock, metabolic acidosis that is difficult to correct And out of coagulopathy.
Some patients have mild onset symptoms but no fever. Most patients are moderately mild, with a good prognosis, and a few patients are critically ill or even die. If you have fever, fatigue, or dry cough, it does not mean that you have been infected.
However, if (1) fever (armpit temperature ≥ 37.3), cough, shortness of breath and other acute respiratory infection symptoms; (2) and have travel or living history in Wuhan, or have been exposed to fever with respiratory tract from Wuhan within 14 days before onset Symptomatic patients, or a small-scale aggregation of the disease; should go to the local designated medical institution for investigation, diagnosis and treatment.
2. Matters needing attention during medical treatment
(1) If the contact person has symptoms, choose a designated hospital with a hot clinic in advance.
(2) You should wear a mask on the way to the hospital and throughout the medical treatment.
(3) Avoid taking public transportation, call an ambulance or use a private vehicle to transport the patient, and if possible, open the window on the road.
(4) Sick close contacts should always maintain respiratory hygiene and clean hands. When standing or sitting on the road and the hospital, stay away from other people as much as possible (at least 1 meter).
(5) Any surface contaminated by respiratory secretions or body fluids should be cleaned and disinfected with a disinfectant containing diluted bleach.
(6) When you go to the doctor, you should tell the truth about the illness and the process, especially the doctor ’s recent travel and living history in Wuhan, the contact history of pneumonia patients or suspected patients, and animal contact history.
Finally, I hope everyone is healthy and safe.